Gateway Arizona Campus graduates 11
Jun 13, 2022
Eleven students at the Arizona Campus of Gateway Seminary graduated May 28 in commencement ceremonies led by Dallas Bivins, director of the Arizona Campus.
Jeff Iorg, president of Gateway, delivered the commencement address at the formal ceremony held at Northwest Chinese Baptist Church in Phoenix.
The degrees and their recipients were:
- Doctor of Ministry: Kenneth Herman
- Master of Divinity with Concentration in Biblical Studies and Educational Leadership: Lance Michael Dare
- Master of Divinity: Pierson Bryce Tang Harris, Timothy Hatch, Jeremiah Hayes, Casey Hershey and Jennifer Tompkins
- Master of Divinity with Concentration in Biblical Studies: James Hurlburt
- Master of Theological Studies: James Kelly Green, Shan Van Norman and Dustin Lane Willey
Several students were honored with special awards.
Jennifer Tompkins received the William O. Crews Presidential Leadership Award, the highest honor award Gateway bestows to a student.
Dustin Willey received the Dan and Harriet Stringer Award, which recognizes a graduate who has persevered through significant personal hardship to pursue his or her seminary education. Willey met all challenges while earning his degree, pastoring a church and raising a family.
Jeremiah Hayes received the Lifeway Award in Pastoral Leadership, embodying significant pastoral skills and leadership of a church. Hayes showed effectiveness at speaking to his classmates and taking the helm in pastoral assignments and lessons.
Pierson Bryce Tang Harris received the Zondervan Award in Biblical Hebrew, which is granted annually to a graduating Gateway student in recognition of excellence in scholarship in New Testament Greek studies. Candidates may be from any campus. The award includes a presentation medal, a certificate and a volume of choice from Zondervan Publishing.