"Involving Southern Baptists in Disaster Relief" is our intro class, and is required for all volunteers. You can register, download materials, and take the class here.
The class is made up of 4 videos, and a quiz. Questions for the quiz come from the videos, as well as the downloadable training materials. After taking the Intro class, we will contact you and send you a link to complete your background check (required for all volunteers.)
Arizona Disaster Relief is offering regional training this year; the first of which will be Mar. 6, in Lake Havasu. Additional training events will be planned as requested.
Mar. 6, Calvary, Lake Havasu
1605 McCulloch Boulevard S
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
Schedule of classes
Involving Southern Baptists in Disaster Relief is required for all volunteers. It's now offered online. Scroll down to register and complete the class.
Feeding Team Training, part 1: 8am-11:15am
Feeding Team Training, part 2: 12pm-3pm
(Volunteers must take both sessions)
Recovery Team Training (Ash out & Mud out): 8am-11:15am
Chainsaw Team Training (classroom portion): 12pm-3pm
Cost is $20 which includes classes, hat, shirt (Must complete online class, “Involving Southern Baptists in Disaster Relief” for additional $10.) After taking the Intro class, we will contact you and send you a link to complete your background check (required for all volunteers, before we issue an I.D.)
Lunch is provided. Sign ups are due by March 2.
To Register, contact Sue and David.
- Completed application
- Passed background check
- Basic training, including Involving Southern Baptists in Disaster Relief
Stages of a Call Out
- Alert: Notification of the possibility of assisting someplace. Respond if you might be able to go.
- Standby: Probability of going somewhere. If you are still able to go, start getting ready.
- Go/No Go: Your team is either informed of when they will go, or your team moves into standby or closing.
- Closing: Your team is no longer needed.